Okay, French toast was popular and you guys wanted more but… I realise I don’t cook a lot so let’s start easy least and quick, after all who doesn’t want a quick meal that’s delicious?
Here goes- SPAG BOL
You will need:
2 x Large Saucepans
Minced Garlic (if you’re a garlic addict like myself)
A jarred bolognaise sauce of your choice
Okay, I’d like to start of by saying I am totally lazy with SpagBol I very rarely make the sauce myself which is so naughty because I’m so good at making the sauce, but I really like the Loyd Grossman one because it’s got chunky bits of tomato in it which I put in mine, soooo close enough?! Now onto how I make this super quick and yummy meal.
- Start boiling water in one of your saucepans and your mince in the other
- In a separate little bowl add together some garlic salt, oregano and minced garlic (I am a complete garlic ADDICT I would have it with everything, it’s a problem that you will notice if I do more recipes)
- Add your spaghetti to the boiling water
- When mince is browned off completely add your jarred sauce and mixed herbs- mix well
- When my spaghetti is cooked and my sauce is warmed through I add them both together and sort of fold the spaghetti into the mince
- Serve and add some grated cheese to the top if you wish
I didn’t have a picture of the finished product because I was sooo starving I gobbled it all up!
I feel so silly for doing a Spag Bol blog post but it’s so simple and quick it’s great! One of my favourites!
Hope you like it!
I’m going to start a new weekly ‘segment’ to go along with Saturday Sayings-
This weeks tip is how we ‘share’ our time between Baba and Couple. Making sure we don’t neglect our important couple time even though we have a baby now! Also little things to keep our couple ‘spark’ alive. So here we go, I hope you like it.
- Date Night- we have date night every Tuesday, normally it just means going out for dinner, or going to Nandos! Yes, most likely Nandos, we always end up there. Baba comes with us and sleeps in his pushchair which he loves. But it just means neither of us is cooking or sleeping we are at a table and we have a chance to chat properly and spend time together but also as a family.
- We have certain programmes that we watch together, so we know when they’re due to come on (Monday night is our best night at the moment) we remind each other on the day and speculate what may happen. It’s just our thing now which is great! We get to cuddle up whilst Baba is in bed.
- May seem simple but eating dinner together every night. Our baba is too small to eat dinner with us now. In fact I know people who wait until their children are in bed then have separate ‘adult’ dinner time. Which is a great idea I think, it’s just whatever works for you.
- Presents! Ciaran is always getting me presents and bringing flowers home which is always so nice, it reminds me what things were like BB (Before Baba) when we only had each other.
- This one is an extension of the last and it’s so simple but the best, when we get into bed at night and Ciaran is downstairs doing the bottle he will bring me a lemon drink or a hot chocolate or a hot water bottle and it really is the simplest things that make me the happiest.
I may not always show my appreciation to Ciaran for all the things he does for me, but I do appreciate them. More than anything. It means I’m happy every single day and getting no sleep is bare able because he’s right there next to me at each night feed.
So that’s it really, so simple but 8 weeks into real parenthood we’ve managed not to argue OR kill each other. I’ve got myself a good man and Oscar is so lucky to have such a lovely Daddy.
What things do you do to keep the love? We need new ideas haha I fear these may become mundane. 😦
Okay, this is totally out of my comfort zone but I’m going to go for it. This blog is after all my little slice of the world, of the Internet, to share the things I’m enjoying. One of those things, is French Toast. My. God. I’ve never had this before but now I have it for breakfast everyday. (Which I need to stop because it can’t be good for me) Therefore, I thought I would just show you what I do to make this delicious French Toast so perhaps you could try it out yourself. It’s really quick and easy, I make it whilst the bottles are sterilising!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices of Bread
- Maple Syrup/Golden Syrup
- Olive Oil
- Crack your two eggs into a bowl/measuring jug and beat them together
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan and begin to heat through
- Pour your beaten eggs into a flat bowl, I used my roasting glass
- Place each piece of bread in the beaten egg, one at a time, covering both sides -including crusts – with egg
- Carefully (as this can be messy) then put the now soggy bread into the heated pan
- Turn the toast after a few minutes, to your preference, I’ve seen online some people have it really very cooked and some have it just like mine
- Serve the toast into a place and drizzle with your choice of topping or eat it as it is- I used golden syrup
The first time I made this toast I made it with wholemeal bread as that’s what we eat in our house, but since then I’ve made it with white bread and it’s so much better I feel.
What quick and delicious breakfasts do you make?
Do you like quick scrumptious recipes? Should I do more of them? Perhaps more interesting ones.
This is more of a life update for our family, after my posts showing Oscar in hospital and talking about gut feeling and knowing your child. I’ll start this post by saying this- do NOT give up. If you believe there is something wrong with your child and they’re just ‘not right’ or ‘not themself’ persevere!
We have fought and fought for Oscy since he was 2 weeks old. He was such a good boy then he suddenly got awful rashes and started screaming, not sleeping at night and throwing up incredible amounts. He just wasn’t himself we knew something was wrong. Each medical professional told us different things, we were constantly fobbed off with ‘viral rashes’ and ‘just a baby thing’ and ‘you’re being overprotective’ but I knew something was wrong and now I’ve been proved right.
Oscar is allergic to milk.
Which I’ve said could be the case since day 1 as I’m allergic to milk. Yet no one listened to me, why??
That is my biggest question WHY.
Why is my son allowed to continue with rashes like this…
Why are we allowed to be in the emergency room with our baby for the same issue every week with no conclusive tests being done?
Why are we, as his parents, not listened to?
We now have prescription cream and milk for him, which is apparently difficult to get hold of from most pharmacies so I can see us having some issues.
I sure hope he grows out of it because it’s not going to be fun growing up not being allowed to eat or drink anything. My poor little pickle.
Has anyone else’s baby got an allergy to milk? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
This means a lot to me at the moment, it’s very important to believe in yourself, if you don’t who will?
The other week whilst Ciaran was at work Oscar and I went off and did a bit of shopping and it was so lovely to be out just the two of us. As much as we love going out with Dada some quality Mama and Baba time was well over due. We went into Mamas and Papas for some new teats and a little toy…
This little armadillo pram toy is lovely, it has a soft rattle inside almost like a bell sound which Oscy loves, he’s focussing on individual toys now which makes this perfect for walks when he’s awake as it keeps him nice and occupied. I’ve tried to find it online for your but I can’t seem to locate it, but I will put a link here to the soft toys they do have as I love all of them!
Toys in that section are suitable from birth and I definitely think they’re a good idea when they get to Oscy’s age and start to focus and watch things moving back and forth. My Auntie and Uncle gifted us a toy bar to go across him when he’s in his pushchair which I really want to put that on there soon, I think he’d appreciate it now. Clever little pooch.
The outfit Oscar is wearing in the above picture is his little Superman Outfit from Asda, it has a velcro cape on the back which is so fun.
It’s actually not available anymore, there is a vest version but it’s out of stock so I can’t link it for you but I’m sure if you like it you can find something similar elsewhere, fancy dress for baba’s is so cute I think!
What do you do when it’s just you and the baby? Also, any fun fancy dress ideas?