Okay, this is totally out of my comfort zone but I’m going to go for it. This blog is after all my little slice of the world, of the Internet, to share the things I’m enjoying. One of those things, is French Toast. My. God. I’ve never had this before but now I have it for breakfast everyday. (Which I need to stop because it can’t be good for me) Therefore, I thought I would just show you what I do to make this delicious French Toast so perhaps you could try it out yourself. It’s really quick and easy, I make it whilst the bottles are sterilising!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices of Bread
- Maple Syrup/Golden Syrup
- Olive Oil
- Crack your two eggs into a bowl/measuring jug and beat them together
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan and begin to heat through
- Pour your beaten eggs into a flat bowl, I used my roasting glass
- Place each piece of bread in the beaten egg, one at a time, covering both sides -including crusts – with egg
- Carefully (as this can be messy) then put the now soggy bread into the heated pan
- Turn the toast after a few minutes, to your preference, I’ve seen online some people have it really very cooked and some have it just like mine
- Serve the toast into a place and drizzle with your choice of topping or eat it as it is- I used golden syrup
The first time I made this toast I made it with wholemeal bread as that’s what we eat in our house, but since then I’ve made it with white bread and it’s so much better I feel.
What quick and delicious breakfasts do you make?